Saturday 17 November 2012

Shibdon pond xc race report 17/11/2012

I went into this race still injured from the Cramlington race and xc training session the week after so it was never going to be a great performance. My hamstring hurt just walking so my plan was to try and run round comfortably and not make the injury any worse.
Because of this it was a pretty uneventful race, my hamstring was pretty sore all the way round but not sore enough to stop me running and didn't seem to be any worse  after the race.
It was the first time I had ran the course which is very short, flat and fast apart from a small hill you do a/few zig zags on.
Probably the slowest I've ever ran a race (i was 211th out of 460) , but at least I was able to race which is always a good thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment